The Mount Washington Hotel
|Air conditioning||All Rooms|
|High speed internet||All Rooms|
|Coffee Maker||Some Rooms||Self-serve coffee for guests available next to dining room entrance|
|Ice Bucket & Glasses||All Rooms|
|Iron & board||All Rooms|
|Shampoo, lotion, etc.||All Rooms|
|Non-smoking rooms||All Rooms|
|Fire Sprinklers||All Rooms|
|Sound insulation||Moderate||See additional notes below.|
On Site Facilities
|Number of rooms||200|
|Swimming Pool||2||Indoor and outdoor pools.|
|Spa or hot tub||yes|
|Tennis Courts||yes||clay courts|
|Massage & staffed spa||yes||Fee.|
|Golf Course||Yes||27 holes. Fee.|
|Nordic Skiing||Yes||Groomed trails when snow depth allows. Fee.|
|Restaurant||yes||Main Dining Room (Dinner reservations required, dress code for dinner) & Stickney's Restaurant (casual).|
|Lounge or bar||yes||Cave Lounge, Rosebrook Lounge, Stickneys Lounge, Princess Lounge, drinks are also served in the Conservatory, and seasonally on the verandas, and in the outdoor pool area.|
|Play Ground||yes||Nice play ground for kids.|
|Free Breakfast||No||Package deals with breakfast available.|
|Free Evening Reception||No|
|Daily linen change||On request|
|Free Parking||Yes||Valet parking available|
|Concierge||Yes||Ask for the Adventure Desk|
|Room Service||Yes||Available for all meals|
- Sound insulation: Our room at the Mount Washington was quiet, but I got the impression it could be noisy. Many rooms have connecting doors to adjacent rooms, which allow noise from the adjacent room to be heard. Each room has a climate control unit with a fan that makes enough "white noise" to mask minor background noise. The hotel has "quiet hours" when quests are asked to turn down TV volume and avoid talking loudly in the halls. The quietness of a room is pretty subjective. As always, much depends on how noisy the folks in the adjacent room are. When making a judgment on this issue we try to consider hotel construction, noise masking (white noise) sources in the room (like fans), the layout of the rooms, and the policy of the hotel management on guest noise. Historic hotels tend to have less soundproofing as a rule. We always suggest you take along ear plugs, just in case you find there are elephants staying in the adjacent room.
- 3-prong outlets: This means the room has standard 120 VAC grounded electrical outlets.
- The Main Dining Room has a dress code for dinner. Men must wear jackets. No jeans or sneakers.
- 2-3 night minimum stay some weekends and high season.
- Some rooms have in-room spa tubs.
- The hotel has an equestrian center which provides trail rides and carriage rides, as well as riding lessons.
- The Bretton Woods Ski Area, a large, major downhill ski resort, is nearby.
- Disclaimer: The information above is a combination of information provided by the hotel and things we observed when we visited. Many of these items are subject to change at any time and we make no guarantee that the above information is accurate. Please send us an email if you notice something above is not correct. Thank you!
- Nearby facilities include downhill skiing at Bretton Woods ski resort in winter.
- The nearest airport with scheduled commercial flights is Manchester/Boston Regional Airport. Allow 1 hour and 45 minutes driving time from the airport. Portland International Jetport in Maine is about 2 hours driving time away. Logan International Airportt in Boston is about 2 1/2 hours away.
- The Mount Washington Hotel is located in Bretton Woods, New Hampshire, on State Route 302. For a map, click here. Note: The 2-lane highways of New Hampshire are slow, expect 45-50 MPH speed limits, and slow traffic. Stick to freeways whenever possible if you are not familiar with the area!
- From I-93 North (from Manchester & Boston): Exit onto highway 3 north. Turn right onto highway 302 East. Take 302 East to Bretton Woods. Hotel is on the left.
- From I-91 North (from Hartford & New York): If you heading north on I-91 go all the way up almost to St Johnsbury on I-91, and then take I-93 South back down. Exit from I-93 South to highway 302 East, to Bretton Woods. Hotel is on the left. Warning: Highway 302 between I-91 and I-95 looks like a short-cut on the map, but it is a very slow road, and not well marked. Take the freeways!
- From I-93 South: Exit on highway 302 East. Take 302 East to Bretton Woods. Hotel is on your left.
- From 302 West (from Portland, Maine): Take 302 West to Bretton Woods. Hotel is on your right. This is a very slow road, with lots of towns and traffic. Take your time and enjoy the scenery! Allow 2 hours minimum.
Hotel Contact Information:
- For reservations, room rates, and check-in times see the hotel website at http://www.mtwashington.com . Be sure to check for club discounts, package deals, and specials.
- Mount Washington Resort
Bretton Woods, NH 03575