Virtual Tour of The Edison Walthall Hotel - The Edison Walthall Hotel, Main Entrance

::: << Prev ::: Thumbs ::: Next >> :::
The Edison Walthall Hotel, Main Entrance- click to see full size image
This is the main hotel entrance on East Capital Street. The Old State Capital Building is 3 city blocks away. Formerly the Jackson Baking Company, the building was expanded into a hotel by adding 5 floors to it in 1928. It was called The Hotel Walthall, named after a local historical figure.

Note: These photos were taken in 2007. The hotel was being remodeled in early 2009 and may look different now.

 


Text, photos, and images by Jess Stryker, unless noted. Copyright © Jess Stryker, 2008. All rights reserved.
For permission to use photos, please see http://www.historic-hotels-lodges.com/media.htm.

Historic Hotels & Lodges