The Silver King Hotel
The Silver King Hotel no longer has guest rooms. The hotel's dining room has been restored, and on my last visit a breakfast and lunch cafe was located in that space. Additional shop and office space makes up the remainder of the building. An elevator has been added for 2nd floor access.
Planning a Visit:
- The former Silver King Hotel is located in Florence, Arizona, approximately half way between Phoenix and Tucson.
- The original rear adobe sections of the hotel have been torn down. The front red-brick section that dates from 1895 has been restored and contains retail businesses and offices. Portions with businesses currently in them are open to the public during business hours, other portions are open on a periodic basis for tours.
- Florence is one of the oldest towns in Arizona, and has well over 130 registered historic buildings. The historic downtown has been used as a backdrop in several movies. There are several museums in town, as well as a State Historical Park that is across the street from the hotel. The Visit Florence AZ website contains information on the town and historic tours. Tours include self-guided tours you can take anytime, as well as special tour events throughout the year. These special tours allow you to see the interiors of many of the restored buildings in town.
- McFarland State Historical Park. The McFarland park features the historic 1878 Territorial County Courthouse. The park contains a visitor center, public rest rooms, and a museum. The historical park is directly across the street from the Silver King Hotel. Check the park website for hours.
- Be sure to visit the Pinal County Historical Museum, 715 S Main St., Florence, AZ 85232. (520) 868-4382. Several of the items in the museum's collection came from my family.
- There's a very nice Holiday Inn Express in Florence if you're looking for a place to stay. For something less expensive try the clean and comfortable Blue Mist Motel. It's been there since I was a child, I've stayed there many, many times.
The Silver King Hotel
Corner of Main and Sixth Streets
Additional Research Sources:
- Town of Florence Homepage
- Brochure for a Walking tour of Historic Florence, AZ
- Ghost sightings at the Silver King Hotel
- More on ghosts at the Silver King Hotel
- Pinal County Historical Museum, 715 S Main St., Florence, AZ 85232. (520) 868-4382
If you have updates, corrections, or information you wish to share about the Silver King Hotel, please contact us. Click on the contact ink at the bottom of this page. Last update June 30, 2011.